Sunday, February 22, 2009

Santo Domingo, New Mexico



Another in the Streetview State Series. Done entirely with the knife. I think this makes 11 states down...ummm, 39 to go. I do have to admit though, I might have a problem with Hawaii. I don't think Streetview has made it there yet. I'd hate to fudge that one when it comes time. Hopefully Google will get on the ball and get some cameras there before I'm done with the series.

I really enjoy doing these small ones with the palette knife. And feel I'm learning so much from the process.

By the way, if you haven't seen my new project blog, Virtual Paintout, please click on the link HERE, or on one the links in the sidebar to the right. I've had a couple of folks submit their streetview painting of Baltimore, including my friend Ralph Parker. Ralph really does wonders with Gouache.

2 comments:

Delilah said...

Great painting! You might as well throw that brush away.Gee it's just great.

Billy Guffey said...

Thanks Delilah. Appreciate the comments.