Thursday, July 9, 2009

PBS Interview

Had a fun and interesting day today. I was interviewed by the local PBS Station (WKYU) in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The interview was held at Gallery at 916, which is currently home to many of my paintings.

I was told before the interview that they wanted a few "working" shots. Me applying paint for some close up shots. Turned out I did a small painting, which I wasn't prepared for, during the shoot (about 30 to 45 minutes). I stinkified it up!

Hoping they edit most of that part out, as I was pretty comfortable during the interview section. It was mostly about my use of Google Street View as reference to create my Street View State Series and other paintings, and the melding of technology and fine art.

The spot should run in a couple of weeks.

By the way, the paintings on the wall aren't mine. Mine were behind me during the interview though.


Above is the finished piece. I worked on it for about 5 minutes tonight. Just couldn't leave it as it was. Still not satisfied, but happier all the same.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...I know someone famous!!(lol)
Shame I can't get PBS in England. I adore your style of painiting.......even when you think you've mucked it up. Congrats on the interview.
Maggie

Autumn Leaves said...

Congrats to you, Bill. You are making a mark on the world! That is awesome and amazing. And I think your finished painting is wonderful as well...It looks like the ghost of an old farm house in the country. I love it.

Katherine Kean said...

Congratulations on the interview! I hope we all get to see it.

Rosemary said...

Way to go Bill! The painting is great! Thanks for sharing the experience and photos with us. Wish I could see the show!