Saturday, July 27, 2013

Color Charts

I have decided to paint color charts from the colors on my palette. These charts are done for the purpose of learning to mix your colors that cannot be accomplished in any other way.

Each separate chart has a predominating color, which is then mixed with the other colors on the palette, and then broken down into different values using white.

I'm adding a few more colors than I actually use on a normal basis, 15 in all.


This is the beginning chart which has the pure colors, straight from the tube, across the top. White is then added to each to get different values, which really are different colors individually.

My colors are, from left to right:

Cadmium Yellow Light (RGH Artists Colors)
Cadmium Yellow Medium (Lukas 1862 Oil Paint)
Indian Yellow (Winsor)
Golden Ochre (RGH)
Winsor Red (Winsor)
Lukas Red (Lukas)
Smuggler's Red (My mixture)
Alizarin Crimson (Lukas)
Cadmium Orange (RGH)
Earth Green (Lukas)
Cobalt Violet (RGH)
Blue Gray (my mixture)
Cobalt Blue (Lukas)
Cerulean Blue Light (RGH)
Ultramarine Blue (RGH)



No comments: