Saturday, March 24, 2012

Golden Muscat Field

Today I had the opportunity to paint on the property of a small Kentucky vineyard, Up The Creek Winery, just outside of Burkesville, Kentucky. I'd like to thank Gary, the owner of the Winery, for allowing me to take up a few square feet of space in a field today. If only for about 3 hours.

The Golden Muscat field is in the background of the painting, with a small garden spot recently tilled in the mid-ground. I can't wait until the grapevines bulk up this spring and summer, and the blackberries bloom. It's a beautiful piece of land now, and I'm sure it will only get better as the weather warms up.

Golden Muscat Field
18" x 24", oil, plein air


2 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

It does look a lovely place, and sounds like there is some history being called Golden Muscat!...your painting makes me want to take a walk down there, although I would be too tempted with the Wine!lol.

Unknown said...

Your title caught my eye in the feed this morning as I'm in Muscat - Oman :)

Beautiful painting. I like the softness of it.